The Graduate School understands the significant role of funding in your graduate career. The following resources are designed to help students better understand the funding resources available from external sources. These opportunities do not require students to repay the money, which makes the awards quite competitive. The Graduate School's funding team can help you learn about, identify, and apply for funding to support your education.
Competitive Funding Sources
A wide variety of public and private resources are available to help you find funding for graduate education. Here are selected ones:
- PIVOT-RP - UNC Charlotte licensed funding resource with more than $118 billion in funding available.
- Read this article with links and information about funding for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers from the NSF.
- For Master's Students - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- For Doctoral Students - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- Outside Scholarships - Search offered by the UNC Charlotte Scholarship Office
- For Summer or Travel Fellowships - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- ARMACAD - Scholarships, summer schools, conferences, summer schools and more
- Grants.gov – Collection of funding resources sponsored by the U.S. Government
- Graduate and Postdoc funding source database from UCLA
- IELTS USA Andrea Scott International Graduate Scholarship - $5,000 annual tuition scholarship for an international student
- Scholarships for Latino, Hispanic and other minority students are compiled on phds.me website.
- List of scholarships for international students from eduPASS.