The Graduate School understands the significant role of funding in your graduate career. The following resources are designed to help students better understand the funding resources available from external sources. These opportunities do not require students to repay the money, which makes the awards quite competitive. The Graduate School's funding team can help you learn, identify, and apply for funding to support your education.
Competitive funding sources
A wide variety of public and private resources are available to help you find funding for graduate education. Here are selected ones:
- PIVOT-RP - UNC Charlotte licensed funding resource with more than $49 billion in funding available. Learn more and gain access from the Research & Economic Development funding databases.
- For Master's Students - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- For Doctoral Students - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- For Summer or Travel Fellowships - Scholarships and training opportunities from IBP
- ARMACAD - Scholarships, summer schools, conferences, summer schools and more
- Grants.gov – Collection of funding resources sponsored by the U.S. Government
- AAAS Science "Where to Search for Funding" from Science Magazine
- STEM Graduate Student Funding resources from the U.S. Government
- Graduate and Postdoc funding source database from UCLA