Suspension and Termination Appeals

Academic Suspension

All graduate students (degree seeking and post baccalaureate) are subject to academic suspension. An accumulation of three marginal C grades in any graduate course work will result in suspension of the student's enrollment. If a student makes a grade of U or N in any graduate course, enrollment will be suspended. A graduate student whose enrollment has been suspended because of grades is ineligible to register in any semester or summer session unless properly reinstated. Note: Some Departments and/or programs have stricter regulations on suspension than those of the Graduate School. See the academic regulations presented in the program specific sections of the Graduate Catalog.

Appeal procedure

Graduate students may appeal a suspension or termination using the procedures described in the tabs listed on the left. Other grievances relating to academic status are to be addressed to the Graduate School.