POSTPONED - TBD
In need of some “nature therapy?” Let's meet for a grad student camping trip to New River State Park, June 25-26! Dr. Aura Young and Simon Sami, two enthusiastic camping fiends, have reserved a campsite and plan to do the cooking! We'll hang out around the campfire, stargaze, and fall asleep to the sound of the river. Co-sponsored by our friends at GPSG, who are generously providing funding for food.
- We will be carpooling. Can you provide a ride? Do you need a lift? Please let us know on the registration form!
- The site is close to parking (see map), so a backpack is not necessary. You will be able to get by with basic equipment. Here is a list of the ten essentials for camping. You can disregard numbers 1 and 8, because we won't be navigating, and we're providing dinner and breakfast.
- There will be drinking water, picnic tables, and fire rings. A bathouse with toilets and hot showers is a short walk away.
- We will cancel in the event of dangerous weather, but we will not cancel due to rain! :) You can view the weather forecast on the park website.
- As mentioned, dinner and a simple breakfast/coffee will be provided. (There will be halal/kosher chicken and veggie options for dinner, but of course you can bring your own food!)
- Our campsite is officially available at 4 pm.
- All participants will be provided with a liability waiver form, which must be signed prior to the trip.
Please complete the registration form below. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!